Thursday, September 27, 2007

In a 'fall'en state . . .

Greetings! I'm hoping the rest of you are feeling better than I am this week. I seem to have brought home a cold from Oregon--nifty souvenir. I am so loving the changes of fall, though. We drove the canyon on Saturday and the leaves are gorgeous! I must be an old fuddy-duddy because those types of things really float my boat. This week is Homecoming for Box Elder, so we're still ballin'.
We're desperately trying to finish Krystle's room in the basement. Then I can have an office/guest room in her old room. She's chosen "Green Banana" as the main color with one wall striped green, pink, purple and turquoise. We're plastering the place with fun frames and pics--it'll be cute. Krystle and I are saving our dough for the choir trip to Washington DC this spring--that should be a blast (although she says we'll need a chaperone for me). She's doing well in school (being a senior hasn't totally gone to her head), featured on a billboard going up soon and working on an article for the local newspaper.
Dougie hates it when I brag about him, so we'll see if he actually checks up on what I write here--This man is my hero! He is one of the most selfless and generous people I know. He is there for so many people. His insight into the problems of others and his willingness to follow the spirit in helping them find solutions is absolutely amazing. I worry if he gets any more 'perfect,' he'll be translated!

I'd like to brag a minute about my first-born child as well. Kacey is so back on track! He is dating a spiritual giant (Lanae Hunt--Dougie set them up) and they are quite serious. He's talking temple, folks! He's installing cement curbing again with our good buddy Kurt and also delivering pizzas at night. He plans to start at USU in January. Life is GOOD!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got the email on the kids,can't wait to see it live! Well the sick thing has been going around our hm too for the last week, it sucks. We ran into Kacey and Mo the other night did they tell you? It's so funny because right after our hi's/bye's I told Jason "Kacey looks good I want him to get married and move to Logan so we can hang out more". I guess we will see how things go with Lanae :0) Either way glad he's back and doing good :0) though I still think he should come to school up here. Love you guys

The McCulloughs said...

Isn't decorating rooms fun? Sounds like Krystle's is going to be so cute! That is awesome about Kasey.. keep us posted on the relationship status. Isn't is crazy how people can change and turn their lives around? The atonement is awesome for all of us! Sounds like you guys are doing great; that's good to hear. Get yourself better and take care