Monday, September 10, 2007

Peachy Times

Kacey left for Calgary Sunday morning (boohoo), but we had a very eventful week with him around. He hooked up for raquetball and tennis a few times, caught a movie with Krystle and me, met the girl of his dreams, and stayed up late playing games and chatting with the girl of his dreams. He'll be back in a month to pick up where he left off (and hopefully get into school).
Kody's JV team won this week, but the varsity lost. He didn't get much playing time for jv since he had concussion earlier in the week, but he had a great solo tackle in the varsity game. Keaton's team lost a close one on the "pasture" at West Haven (seriously, the worst field ever) and Mo's team got creamed again. We played games with Dave and Brett until late on Friday night and unfortunately Doug got lucky and edged out the win in Acquire (he always picks the lucky stocks). Krystle and I attended the Peach Queen pageant and cheered for the winner, sweet Celeste Wouden. The annual Peach Days event was splendid as Brigham City welcomed 80,000 visitors (Note to self: don't try getting a Scuba burger right after the parade ever again).
I'm heading for Portland, OR on Wednesday for a week. I'll visit Dad and Judy and my high school buddy, Becci Carr Battaglia. Then I'll attend a research prevention conference focusing on preventing underage drinking. The Youth Empowerment Team (a BC coalition I'm been helping out with for a few years) is footing most of the bill, so I'm very excited. I'm still teaching an online psychology course for Stevens-Henager College and they've asked me to participate in selecting new textbooks and updating the syllabi for social science courses--just one more project to keep me out of trouble, right?!

3 comments:

Blair said...

Hey Diana (and gang),

It's fun to get an update, sounds like things are busy as usual. Good work on joining the world of blogs, its perfect for someone like me to get little updates here and there. Anyways, hope you guys are well, tell the fam hi for me/us!

The McCulloughs said...

Sounds like you guys are going football crazy! Hopefully all your kids make it through the season without any major injuries! Hope you have fun in oregon, tell del and judy hello from us! Let us know how they are!

Unknown said...

Hello Dinanner! Welcome to the wonderful world of bloggers! Isn't this so fun? It's SO good to have an idea as to what you guys are up to these days! Hey, if you are still in Oregon and read this, ask Deli what info he has on our great/great, great grandma Lousie Emlyn. I went to the Family history center the other day and researched about her and David, and one record said she was born in Minnesota and the other in North Dakota, but that's all I could find. Also, on the census records, it said she was white. I'm so curious about all of this, and want to find out about all of our ancestors and do some temple work for those that need it. Anyhoo, hope you are having a fun trip! Talk to you later!